Loss Prevention Incentive
The goal of the Loss Prevention Incentive Program is to increase safety, promote wellness, and decrease on-the-job injuries by implementing consistent prevention strategies. All districts are encouraged to participate; however, it is not mandatory.
2021-22 Loss Prevention Incentive
In order to earn Safety Incentive Dollars member districts must earn 200 points by choosing from a variety of activities during the course of the plan year. Points values vary and are listed on the program description. Activities include:
- Follow Your District’s Illness and Injury Prevention Plan
- Participate in STSIG Safety Trainings Throughout the Year
- Participate in a District Work Comp Review with us
- Maintain an Active Safety Communication program
- Attend a Culture of Safety class (Online with Loss Prevention Director or by watching the video)
- Schedule Courtesy Safety Inspection(s)
- OSHA Outreach 10hr and 30hr General Industry Training
- ALICE Active Shooter Awareness
- Maintain a District Safety Program
- Designate a Risk Management Team
- Note: For great free training, have your Risk Manager complete the Mini “Associates of Risk Management” course through The Institutes (it is free) https://lp.theinstitutes.org/arm
What’s in it for your district?
|Very Large Districts||Annual Payroll Greater than 10M||$5,000|
|Large Districts||5M – less than10M||$3,500|
|Medium Districts||2M – less than 5M||$2,500|
|Small Districts||0 – less than 2M||$1500|
Safety incentives are paid to each qualifying district at the end of the plan year in the form of a reimbursement account that can be used to purchase safety and wellness related items. This will promote a culture emphasizing safety and allows districts to secure products that would not be possible under current budget restraints. Safe employees are happy employees!
Incentive Program Summary:
Detailed information about the program.
Incentive Program Summary
Incentive Progress Checklist for Districts:
Use this checklist to track your progress, then send in to secure your incentive
Incentive Program Checklist for Districts
Safety Communication Memo Template
Fill this form out and return with your qualified safety purchase receipts to use your earned safety incentive money
Reimbursement Form LP Incentive
Things to buy with your Safety Incentive
Here is a list of purchases districts have made in the past, use it to come up with ideas for your district.
A quality safety program impacts the entire JPA membership. It is our hope to create a positive, collaborative atmosphere that is supportive to our districts as we strive toward improved employee engagement and safety.
For more information please contact the Prevention Services Manager, Kurt Walling at 530-410-6444 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.