The executive committee is a nine member Standing Committee of the Board established to provide ongoing operational oversight of the JPA. The Executive Committee typically meets on a quarterly basis and is charged with the following key responsibilities:
- Hires staff authorized by the Joint Powers Board.
- Evaluates the Executive Director and provides program direction.
- Develops programs for consideration of the Joint Powers Board.
- Responsible for development of recommendations to the Joint Powers Board for Program Retention Levels, Rates, Dividends, Membership, Positions and Compensation.
- Approval of Contracts for Consultants, Brokers and Administrators managing JPA Programs.
- Provides direction to claims administrator for claims handling and approval of settlements.
- Establishes Program and Operational policy for programs and staff.